-
November 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi everybody,
as you can see from my number of posts I am new to the forum. Until recently I have been a pure Klipsch guy, but once I decided to mod my mid section, I read more about possible Altec driver/horn options. Currently I am using 511Bs and ....dare I mention it?...JBL 2470 drivers. I like that combo, but I guess the better (hopefully) is enemy to the good. Hence I am contemplating getting a driver/horn combo that goes down to 300hz. Obviously a possible horn would be the 311 series, but they seem to be quite pricey because a lot of people seem to be interested in those.
Doing a bit of reading I began getting curious about the 203 horn. From pictures I have seen it strikes me as quite big, so I was wondering how deep it gets once a 290 driver is attached to it - would that be deeper than a Khorn bin?
Another question: I have given up looking for those horn here in Europe, but perhaps a fellow forum member has got a pair of those horns he won't need/use anymore. So can anybody help?
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Wolfram
-
November 1st, 2006, 06:54 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
Don't remember exactly, but around 40" IIRC, so pretty deep. All things considered, why not make a 300 Hz horn similar to the 311? They are standard expo radials, so no special 'rubber' throat like the 511/811 to deal with. Either way, you're going to need a super tweeter.
GM
-
November 1st, 2006, 11:22 PM
#3
Inactive Member
GM,
thanks for the feedback. Tweeter won't be a problem as I plan on using my current one.
I am not really a DIY person, but where would I get plans for having such a horn being built?
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Wolfram
-
November 1st, 2006, 11:34 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
There may be plans on the net, but I'm not aware of any and I'm not into drafting anymore and haven't gotten around to learning any drawing programs yet. I can provide enough design info for any decent woodworker to figure it out though.
GM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks